Paul D. Indorf GG (GIA), FGA, ASA
Master Gemologist Appraiser ®
At your home & office
MJA provides complete liquidation services for all types of jewelry, gemstones, watches, gold, platinum and sterling items through estate buyers and auction houses.
MJA will (as required):
- Clean your jewelry and test the metal fineness.
- Identify your gemstones, measure, estimate weights, grade the stones.
- Photograph your jewelry and scan any documents provided.
- Assess your needs to help determine the best market for liquidation.
- Determine a "range of values" for the items.
- Produce, review and sign a "Brokerage Agreement".
- Fedex items to the estate buyer for final offer.
- Present net offer to client. If accepted, payment will be requested from the buyer.
If the client and MJA determines the best market to be an auction house, MJA will explain the auction process and fee structure. If you agree and would like to sell your items at auction, MJA will facilitate the process.
The initial consultation is $100. Brokerage fees are 10% of the sales price plus expenses and are deducted from the sale price. Final payment is mailed in less than two weeks. The minimum brokerage fee is $300.